- Setting up a new vendor is an online process using the Buy2Pay Supplier Portal. You must be set up as an authorized requester in the Buy2Pay Supplier Portal to invite or request vendors.
- Instructions, tip sheets, and user guides on how to set up a new vendors in Buy2Pay can be found here.
- For questions about setting up new vendors, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Form W-9 Requirements
|Vendor Types||Form W-9 Requirement|
|New US Companies||Yes|
|Individuals who are US Citizens or Permanent Residents||Yes|
|Reactivating an inactive vendor||Yes|
|Reactivating an inactive site within an active vendor||No|
Registered Harvard Students (US Citizens)
|Temporary Vendor Setup||No|
Foreign National Individuals and Requirements
- New individual vendors who are not US Citizens/Non-US residents (including non-US Harvard Students) will receive a Glacier email to initiate the process. Please see the NRA Tax Site for more information about issuing payments to foreign suppliers.
- When reactivating or requesting a new site for a non-US vendor/individual, please include the email address of the individual in the notes field
- Typically for vendors or individuals to receive a one‐time REFUND payment
- Can also be used in some cases to reimburse a foreign individual
- Can also be used in some cases to reimburse a prospective student
- Once the temporary vendor is set up they are only active in the system for 30 days
- The purpose for the need to use the "temporary vendor" option must always be explained in the "notes to CRT" field
- The Buy2Pay Supplier Request form requires a 9-digit zip code for US suppliers. There is a link included in help text in the request form to look up 4-digit zip code extension.
- Address Standards link within the request form to enter address in proper order
- When requesting new site for tax reporting or permanent legal address, remember to check the box which appears below the address you are requesting on the vendor request form
- Do not use punctuation in name or address except for: period, hyphen (-) or backslash (/)
You can check the status of a request by viewing your list of notifications
- The status of "IN PROCESS" indicates we are waiting for the required documents ( W-9 or Glacier paperwork) unless we have contacted you for something more specific
- Do not submit the W-9 form until your approver has approved the request