Purchasing cards are University-liability credit cards issued in the names of authorized, trained individuals to purchase certain eligible, non-travel related goods and services in support of University business.
Obtaining a PCard
With proper approvals, the following individuals are eligible to apply for a Harvard Purchasing Card:
- Harvard University employee
- Affiliated hospital employee
- Harvard University graduate student
- Harvard University undergraduate student (requires financial dean approval; student must purchase routinely for the University)
Monthly External Post-Doctoral Students (MEPs), consultants and other non-employee contractors are not eligible to apply for a PCard.
Policies & Procedures
Complete and sign the PCard application form
- Effective March 16, 2020, on campus pick up of cards is suspended until further notice. To support remote work guidelines while maintaining continuity of business, all new PCard or Corporate Card Applications must be processed with the employee's home address. Applications with a Harvard University address will be returned to the applicant to correct. PCards and Corporate Cards will be mailed to an employee's home address on the application. Please expect a delivery time of up to three weeks for a new card.
Obtain the signature of supervisor on the application form (and financial dean’s signature if necessary)
- Note: Effective March 16, 2020, If your manager cannot physically sign off on a card request application, an email stating approval from your manager will suffice until we return to campus.
- Submit the completed application form to the appropriate PCard Tub Administrator
- Receipt of the card will take approximately 2 to 3 weeks
- The PCard Tub Administrator provides cards to applicants after the applicants have completed training