Card Services

The University offers two primary card options for eligible faculty and staff who travel or purchase goods and services on behalf of their department: a Purchasing Card (PCard) and a Corporate Card.

To view more information about card services, visit the Harvard Card Services website.

Effective March 16, 2020, on campus pick up of cards is suspended until further notice. To support remote work guidelines while maintaining continuity of business,  all new PCard, Department Card, or Corporate Card Applications must be processed with the employee's home address. Applications with a Harvard University address will be returned to the applicant to correct. PCards and Corporate Cards will be mailed to an employee's home address on the application.

NEW  07/08/20- Step-by-Step Guide to add a PCard to your WB Mason Account This guide provides Administrators with instructions on how to add their PCard to their WB Mason account.  Adding a PCard reduces HCOM/B2P transactions during remote work, and will allow for office supplies that a department has determined meet their discretionary spending guidelines to be shipped directly to an employee or faculty member's home address. 

If your manager cannot physically sign off on a card request application, an email stating approval from your manager will suffice until we return to campus.

For additional Coronavirus / COVID-19 related guidance on the Card Program, review the April 2020 Card Program Update presentation.

Purchasing Cards ("PCards") are University-liability payment cards issued in the names of authorized, trained individuals to purchase certain eligible goods and services in support of Harvard University business.

Learn more>

Corporate Card is the primary payment method for travel expenses incurred by Harvard employees. Paid employees who take at least three business trips per year and/or incur entertainment expenses of $5,000 or more per year are strongly encouraged to apply for a corporate card.

Learn more>

Department Card is a Harvard Corporate Card taken out under the name of a Department. These cards require a departmental administrator who will be responsible for the timely processing of payments to the card via Concur.  Department cards can be used to pay for travel expenses for guests & employees who do not have Corporate Cards as well as department expenses which cannot be put on a PCard, purchased through HCOM or invoiced (e.g., catering deposit or hotel).

Learn more>